Can I take this item on a plane?
Yes. You can carry two life jackets as carry-on or checked luggage.
What are the restrictions?
- you need your airline’s approval
- two life jackets per passenger
- two cylinders of non-flammable Division 2.2 gas [e.g. CO 2] may be fitted to the life jacket
- two spare cylinders of non-flammable Division 2.2 gas allowed per device
Why is this item restricted?
All cylinders containing pressurised gas present a risk of exploding. It is not safe to take larger cylinders onto the plane.
What happens if I have a restricted item in my carry-on bag?
You will be asked to relinquish all dangerous or prohibited items found in your carry-on luggage. If you refuse:
- you will not be permitted to move through the screening point, and
- your airline will be advised of your refusal.
How does Aviation Security screen for restricted items?
We x-ray bags going on planes to make sure there is nothing dangerous in them. If something comes up on the x-ray that needs checking, the bag will be opened, searched and any dangerous or prohibited item will be removed.