This Advisory Circular (AC) describes ad acceptable means of compliance regarding the calibration of tools, inspection, measuring and test equipment for aircraft maintenance engineers, maintenance organisations and manufacturing organisations. This AC does not provide instructions for carrying out calibration or who may provide the calibration service.
This AC relates specifically to Civil Aviation Rule Parts 43, 145, 148.
- NZS 10012.1-2003 Quality assurance requirements for measuring equipment
- Part 1 Metrological confirmation system for measuring equipment
- Airline Industry Standard World Airlines Technical Operations Glossary (WATOG)
- Standards Association of Australia (SAA) HB18.25 – 1991 Guide 25 General Requirements for the Competence of Calibration and Testing Laboratories
- ISO/IEC 17025:2005 General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories.
- SAA HB86.1:1996 - The Selection Care Calibration and Checking of Measuring Instruments in Industry
- AS IEC 60300.1-2004 Quality management and quality assurance Standards
- Guide to dependability program management
This is the initial issue of AC 43-13.