This AC describes an acceptable means of compliance to enable the issue of aircraft maintenance licences, certificates and ratings and the privileges and limitations of those licences, certificates and ratings.
This AC relates specifically to Civil Aviation Rule Part 66.
Revision 4 of this AC:
- Updates the email address for CAA Licensing and online payment methods.
- Updates competency standards for maintenance on aircraft principally constructed of fibreglass reinforced plastic (FRP) and ratings for engineers in avionics categories.
- Updates Subparts B, C, D and E.
- Updates Appendices 1 and 2.
- Adds notes on appropriate training requirements and type ratings course for Electrical, Instrument and Radio (E, I&R) related work, depending on the complexity of the E, I&R systems.
- Clarifies eligibility requirements for a Certificate of Maintenance Approval (MA) and MA renewal applications.
- Adds a detailed description for category demarcation.
As these changes are quite detailed, we thought it would be useful to include a version with the changes highlighted in yellow, which can be found here. [PDF 757 KB]