Keith Manch – Director of Civil Aviation and Chief Executive
Keith joined the Authority from Maritime NZ, and brings strong experience as a regulator to the Authority, along with considerable experience as a Chief Executive, and in leading culture change programmes.
Keith brings a robust understanding of regulating complex systems, and keenly appreciates the importance of maintaining safety and security in New Zealand’s aviation system.
Mark Wheeler – General Manager Aviation Security Service
Responsible for the executive leadership and management of the Aviation Security Service (Avsec), and for leading the delivery of robust and efficient security services at New Zealand’s six security designated airports.
David Harrison – Deputy Chief Executive Aviation Safety
Responsible for the executive management and regulatory activities of the following CAA units:
- Licensing and standards
- Monitoring and inspection
- Investigation and response.
Dean Winter – Deputy Chief Executive Strategy, Governance, Risk and Assurance
Responsible for the executive management of the functions monitoring the performance and effectiveness of the Authority, the safety performance of the aviation sector and overseeing the following units:
- Regulatory intelligence and system risk
- Enterprise portfolio management office
- Quality systems and risk
- Strategy, planning and reporting
- Governance and executive.
John Kay – Deputy Chief Executive System and Practice Design
Responsible for the Authority’s policy development, regulatory strategy, and executive management of the following units or programmes of work:
- International and regulatory strategy (which includes the Authority’s policy function)
- Operational policy, practice and guidance
- Regulatory interventions
- New Southern Sky.
Shelley Turner - Deputy Chief Executive Organisational Development and Support
Responsible for the executive management of CAA and Avsec support or enabling services and leadership of the following units:
- Infrastructure and property
- Information and technology
- Strategy and planning
- Engagement and communications.
Mike Hill – Deputy Chief Executive Aviation Security and Infrastructure
Responsible for the executive management and regulatory activities of the following units, and domestic and international engagement on aviation security and wider national security matters:
- Security regulation unit (which independently regulates the Aviation Security Service, and the security obligations of airports, airlines, and regulated air cargo agents)
- Aeronautical services (which regulates air traffic management services, airports, aeronautical information suppliers and procedure design organisations, and oversees New Zealand’s airspace).
Graham Puryer – Executive Group Manager, Aviation Security Service
Responsible for overseeing the Aviation Security Service’s executive matters at national office and across our stations including:
- Programme development and delivery
- Data analysis
- Workforce management
- Business performance
- Airport identity cards.
Karen Urwin – Group Manager Operations, Aviation Security Service
Responsible for leading the Aviation Security Service’s national operations of the six Avsec stations including:
- Policies and procedures
- Explosive detector dog unit
- Behaviour detection.
Pete Lockett – Group Manager Compliance and Improvement, Aviation Security Service
Responsible for national compliance and improvement activities across the Aviation Security Service including:
- Internal quality assurance
- Operational systems testing
- Continuous improvement
- Quality performance and reporting
- Exposition ownership and control responsibilities
- Incident investigation and reporting.
Ben Smith – Group Manager Strategic Development, Aviation Security Service
Responsible for leading and executive management of the Aviation Security Service’s strategic and operational capability development. This includes the functions of:
- Organisational strategy development
- Security innovation development
- Operational capability delivery
- In-service technical support.